Indians seem rather comfortable penning their thoughts on hardbound diaries than making entries online….
here are some result from ‘Blogging India: An MSN and Windows Live Report’ released on Monday.
2) Only 14 per cent of all netizens found to be actively blogging
only account for 24 per cent.
bloggers between the ages of 25-34, 32 per cent under 25 and 15 % over 35.
with a large number of online users reading blogs to stay informed
about world events.
6) When asked which subjects they enjoyed reading the most, 32%
of respondents cited technology and 24 per cent news and education,
illustrating the impact of India’s booming technology sector on society.
7) Blogs written by business leaders were found by half of all online users in India
to be most enjoyable to read.
8) Another 24 per cent of the respondents took interest in reading
blogs by politicos.
9) 42 per cent of online users reading blogs to stay informed about
world events 49 per cent citing entertainment as the main reason
they read blogs
10) 45 per cent, of respondents believe that blog content is as trustworthy
as traditional media such as newspapers, radio and TV.
11) 58% of bloggers started a blog because they wanted to express
passionate views, while 40% of India’s bloggers did so to entertain
others through their writing.
12) A majority, 47% of blog owners indicated that writing about their views
and commenting on the world around them was what they enjoyed
the most about the activity.
13) 90% of bloggers spend up to 5 hours per week reading blogs or updating
their own blogs.
Source : Moneycontrol.com,DNAindia.com